An Ideal Collection Across the Health Studies Curriculum
Use Volume V for counseling, psychology, social work, medical, nursing, psychiatry, and other behavioral health care courses. Volume V covers multiple disorders within a particular theme. Examples include:
- DSM-5® ADHD Series
- DSM-5® Violence Series
- DSM-5® Eating Disorders Series
- DSM-5® PTSD Series
- DSM-5® Substance Related and Addictive Disorders
- DSM-5® Child and Adolescent Series
Easy Classroom Integration
This vast collection of DSM-5® and ICD-10 videos, from 2012 on, range from 30 seconds to 15 minutes., They're easily integrated into courses and lectures, used for homework assignments, or for sparking in-class discussion. Alexander Street's platform tools allow for clip-making, playlist creation, LMS integration, citations, mobile-sharing, and more. Sample titles include:
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder with Traumatic Brain Injury
- Separation Anxiety Disorder
- Bipolar I Disorder with Mood Congruent Psychotic Features
- Anorexia Nervosa Binge-Eating Purging
- Suicide Assessment
- Schizotypal Personality Disorder
- Adolescent Antisocial Behavior; Alcohol Use Disorder, Severe; Other or Unknown Substance Use Disorder; Severe
- Major Depressive Disorder, Severe, with Seasonal Pattern
- Opioid Use Disorder, Severe
Volume V also provides assessment options for faculty. For over 90 titles, there are 2 versions of each film available.
- One includes a title slide that introduces the symptom, preparing students to see what the disorder looks like.
- The other does not include the title slide. Students make their own diagnoses, enabling faculty to assess student comprehension.
New Search Features
Two NEW search features are available on the left side of the collection opening page under REFINING YOUR SEARCH. These are a GREAT way to understand how the content is organized:
- PRESENTING CONDITION: Interested in seeing how a certain condition like anxiety (one of the most common mental health disorders) presents itself with a variety of clients? Click “Anxiety” under PRESENTING CONDITION, and see the many ways anxiety manifests itself with clients.
- SERIES/PROGRAM: CTV5 content has been conveniently indexed by SERIES which is helpful if faculty are interested in teaching about certain populations.
- Considering a class about Military Veterans? Click “DSM®-5 Military Case Scenarios: Trauma and Stressor Related Disorders” and see a variety of disorders specific to military populations, such as PTSD and Adjustment Disorder.
- Teaching a Child and Adolescent class? Click on “DSM®-5 Guided Child and Adolescent Series” to learn about certain disorders that are frequently found with this age group such as “Oppositional Defiant Disorder” or “Separation Anxiety Disorder”
Pricing includes content updates through 2021! Faculty and librarians can expect around 550 videos at completion
- Better recognize and properly diagnose symptoms according to the DSM-5®/ICD-10
- Improve competency and assessment skills
- Improve their retention skills and be able to make abstracts concepts more concrete